Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Down go the Trees

The past week my neighbors got together and a helped me remove a lot of trees in my front yard.
We live in the woods and my yard get very little sunlight. I have been wanting to get them removed for years but it was very expensive to do it.

A few weeks ago at the bus stop (a place where the us dads congregate in the morning while the kids go to school) My neighbor asked me if I would like him to bring his excavator over and take down some trees. Yes, he owns an excavator and No, he is not in construction. He was using it to put in a a pool for himself. Before I could even respond, my other two neighbors looking for any excuse to use a chainsaw jumped on the bandwagon.

So on Saturday afternoon they knocked down about 10 trees in the front yard. It would have been more but due to where the septic tank was and the size of one the trees we had to stop. It was pretty amazing and a little scary watching this thing push down these huge trees.

This is once again another reason why I like to live here. When I was growing up I lived in a neighborhood where the neighbors really didn't socialize much. Most of my neighbors were much older then my parents and kind of crabby.

Our neighborhood now is far from that place I grew up. Here, we help each other out with the kids, crazy projects, computers what ever. Its a good place to be!



No comments: